|Position Summary: |
Immediate need for Electrical Controls Engineer responsible for developing, creating, testing, and implementing PLC program and HMI builds required to control systems and/or related
equipment. The Electrical Controls Engineer will work in C# and will be responsible for initial code development, conforming to established in-house programming standards, complying with customer specifications on each project, development of HMI programs for system control and monitoring, testing, completing field testing documentation, and field commissioning and start-up activities.
• Coordinate with sales engineers, project managers, customers, and others to discuss and understand project specifications, scope and design requirements.
• Prepare detailed and complete PLC programs that are fully annotated, and comply with the system design drawings required to implement the project scope as per project specifications and ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
• Develop and complete HMI programs for display and control of equipment on both Proface and Allen-Bradley Panelview platforms.
• Fully test and document testing procedures for all programs & software developed that comply with customer and in-house testing documentation requirements. Testing documents will be provided by others to be filled out by the controls engineer.
• May assist with the inspection, audit and testing of completed motor control panels for overall sound construction and compliance with all design standards and specifications.
• Develop screens and database using Wonderware or RSView for monitoring of systems.
• Travel (estimated 25%) to job sites as needed for commissioning and start-up activities for assigned projects. Participate in customer training and instruction sessions.
Experience / Education:
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Experience (2-3 years) with C#, Rockwell RSLogix and ControlLogix platforms needed along with knowledge of Ethernet/IP communications, ControlNet, DeviceNet, and other industrial control networks.
Experience with Wonderware, RSView development, Proface and/or Panelview software and HMI development is preferred.