Electrical Systems Engineer
Job Code (8491)
$75,000.00 - $150,000.00
Electrical Systems Engineer
DUTIES & RESPONISIBIITIES:
· This is a new position and along with the Mechanical Systems engineer, will be part of the Technical Systems Group. Reports to the Senior Plant Engineer. Limited travel within the US.
· This role will be responsible for applying electrical engineering and organizational skills to design and implement projects involving facilities, testing, machines, equipment, or processes used in manufacturing piping products.
· Responsible for management of multiple projects.
· This individual has no direct reports but may lead cross-functional teams involved in troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities.
· Equipment and tools used: Forklifts, cranes, grinders, welding equipment, steel cutting equipment, general maintenance tools, multimeters, laptops and programming devices.
· Support manufacturing activities in processing materials or manufacturing products in an industrial large diameter spiral weld pipe and steel fabrication facility
· Prepare Routine Reports, O&M instructions
· Manage multiple Technical Systems projects, to include: implementation, including development, budgeting, scheduling, purchasing, and interfacing with other employees
· Design and /or facilitate designs for modification of existing equipment, tools, or facilities as required to support manufacturing process requirements, including completing O&M manuals
· Manufacturing equipment, tools or facilities as required to support manufacturing process requirements.
· Direct support of &/or participation in equipment and facilities related maintenance activities & production activities
· Interfacing with vendors and outside contractors to develop budgets, as well as directing completing facilities and equipment construction, modification, or repair.
· Modification of existing equipment and facilities
· Participate in developing and maintaining the division CAPEX program
· Review Product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine the applicability to the target manufacturing process
· Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to design equipment and facilities, and perform engineering tasks
· Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods
· Analyze engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design
· Provide technical information regarding manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations that affect long-range plant and product engineering planning
· Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in Electrical Engineering and minimum 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing facility
· Experience with Full Plant Integration (SCADA)
· Experience with electro mechanical drives, motors
· Full PLC knowledge - prefer Allen Bradley and Siemens
· 460V experience
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Computer skills to include: extensive knowledge programming PLCs and interfacing same with drives, extensive experience with control software, functional knowledge of SolidWorks, and full knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Must have a continuous improvement mindset with a drive to seek out ways to improve operations and processes and make recommendations for improvements
· Ability to work with multiple groups – maintenance, other engineers, floor operations
· Start-up Experience is a plus
· Person who has been involved with starting or participating in a similar job in a manufacturing facility
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations a plus