Hardware Validation Engineer
Summary of the Hardware Validation Engineer Job :
Hardware Validation Engineer with active safety experience is required to play a vital role as a Product Assurance Engineer for one of our clients based in Michigan area. Our this client is a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems. In this position, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that a product is tested to meet functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, developmental, DV, PV, and In-Process (IP) testing. This is a solid, stable company that offers you an opportunity to work on exciting new technologies. If you have experience with DV/PV, EMC Testing along with Active Safety, then this could be a well suited opportunity for you.
Responsibilities of the Hardware Validation Engineer:
- Planning and conducting design assessments, inspections, and reviews of assigned products and requirements.
- DVT and Design and/or Process Validation Plans (DVP, PVP). Negotiate start and completion dates, schedule testing, and seek customer approval for plans and timing.
- Define test equipment (quote vendors, select vendors, and procure test equipment).
- Ensure capability and performance of all test equipment and facilities.
- Develop EMC test plans and seek necessary customer approvals. Coordinate/support EMC testing.
- Generate, release, and update Engineering Specifications, support manufacturing in-process test development, application, and optimization.
- Generate developmental, design, and/or process validation reports (DVP&R, PVP&R).
- Initiate and support any test issue 8D’s and work with project teams through issue resolution.
- Work on Design, Process Validation Key-Life, design characterization and limit/margin testing.
- Collaborate with Design teams for FMEA and requirements traceability development.
- Ensure that Safety protocols (i.e. – TS16949, ISO17025) are followed in the process.
Qualifications of the Hardware Validation Engineer:
Compensations of the Hardware Validation Engineer:
- BSEE and 3+ years of experience in automotive electronic hardware testing.
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital hardware at the circuit level, with the ability to find and correct issues.
- MUST HAVE experience with ACTIVE SAFETY
- Experience with DV/PV, EMC Testing an debugging is required.
- Good experience in electronic test equipment, with the ability to develop and troubleshoot it.
- Experience developing test tools is a plus.
- Experience with validation planning (DVP, PVP), validation reports (DVP&R, PVP&R), and engineering support.
- Candidate should be skilled with CAN and SPI (digital communication protocols used in automotive)
- Experience in validating Restraints controller will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Labview is preferred.
Salary Range: $75,000-92,000/year, depending on experience
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - BS, "B.S", Bachelor, Bachelors, Engineer, engineering, automotive, vehicles, Electronic, "End of line”, “End-of-line”, “EOL”, “test equipment”, validation, “proof of concept”, calibration, DVP, PVP, DVP&R, PVP&R, electronic, hardware, testing, Process, Circuits, EMC, Electromagnetic, CAN , SPI, DVT, Process Validation Plans, 16949. 17025, Labview, "Restraints controller", "Active Safety"