Highly employee-centric company is looking for a seior security engineer/team lead. This is a company that prides itself on work/life balance and a family friendly work environment. Reporting to the Department director, this role will be responsible for mentoring and developing a staff of 2-3 staff analysts. Minimal travel could be expected to attend vendor-specific meetings and conferences for business and professional development.
The Lead Security Engineer uses technical knowledge on a number of security technologies to Identify, Detect, Protect and Respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies. The Lead Security Engineer is responsible for managing day-to-day work activities of the team and leads activities in the areas of technical support escalation, internal resource application, operational logistics, and incident and problem resolution services. The Lead Security Engineer is additionally responsible for optimizing Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF)
• Will handle escalated issues and alerts
• Analyze and respond to security threats from various security platforms and technologies.
• Support, troubleshoot, configure, manage, and upgrade a wide variety of other security products.
• Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems, using strong TCP/IP networking skills.
• Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access to network resources through their managed device.
• Responsible for major Security platform changes including upgrades.
• Responsible for mentoring and training of Security Engineers.
• Responsible for testing and configuring new products and technologies.
Required skills and Education:
• Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study; Or, at least two years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Three years of experience with one or more of the following management platforms required; Cisco Security Manager, Juniper NSM, Junos Space, Check Point Provider-1/MultiDomain Management, Palo Alto Networks Panorama, Blue Coat Director, Fortinet FortiManager, CounterAct
• Significant experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating
• Strong working knowledge of Routing and Access Control
Education & Experience (Preferred):
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or related field of study; OR, at least four years of related experience and/or training (in addition to experience requirements below); or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• Two years previous supervisory and/or training experience
• Five years of experience in Information Security and Networking
• Minimum 5 years of experience with preferably more than one of the following technologies; Blue Coat (ProxySG, ProxyAV, Reporter), Cisco ASA, Juniper (SRX, ScreenOS, SSL-VPN, IDP), Check Point, Sourcefire, Tipping Point, Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, CounterAct
• CCSE OR CCNA or RSCP certifications
• Security+, BCCPP, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-FWV, JNCIS-SA, ACE, CNSE, SFCP, SFCSE, SFCTSE
• CISSP training