Senior Hardware Engineer
Summary of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
Senior level Hardware Engineer is needed to play a vital role in the the development of the automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware for one of our client in Michigan area. This client is a market leader in developing next generation vehicle technologies for powertrain, hybrid, stability controls, and other related systems. This is an opportunity to be a key player at a company with a great reputation in automotive technology and growing business. They offer a great long-term opportunity in a true team environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
- Management of multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame.
- Help in the development of the automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware.
- Analog and digital circuit design through analysis and simulation.
- EMC design and test plan development along with support for PCB layout
- Help team members in troubleshooting EMC anomalies, product specification negotiation, hardware-in-the-loop testing and leading the development through to production.
- Leading and mentoring the team of engineers who are responsible for sub-project activities.
- Overseeing the testing of prototypes, and following the development through to production.
- Support the root cause analysis of modules returned by the customer during the development stage.
Qualifications of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
- BS in EE/CE, Masters preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in analog and digital hardware design, preferably for automotive ECUs.
- Experience taking projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Experience in interfacing with customers.
- Ability to coordinate program activities with team members at remote sites.
- Solid communication skills.
Compensation of the Lead Engineer (Hardware):
Salary Range: $90,000-$100,000/year
Location: Detroit Area
Type: Direct Hire
Travel: As and when required (global locations)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Hardware, Testing, validation, troubleshoot, Engineer, design, development, control unit, embedded, circuit, analog, digital, simulation, EMC, PCB, ECU