Sr. DevOps Engineer
St. Petersburg, FL
Contract to Perm/No Third Parties/No Sponsorship provided
Our client, a global electronics company, is searching for a Sr. DevOps Engineer responsible for process automation through design, implementation and automation of repetitive tasks for deployment of releases. Develop and cultivate a DevOps culture through practices such as Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery to produce highly automated, reliable, and efficient deployment solutions for software and infrastructure. Develop automation strategy, configuration policy, support automation efforts, maintain CI/CD process and streamline release pipeline. Ensure appropriate standards of documentation and management control for promotion of development releases across all environments and into production.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
• Develop and maintain automated, zero-downtime deployment capability
• Develop, build and manage complete CI/CD processes and solutions using technologies and tools defined.
• Design, implement, and automate development and deployment workflows in the cloud.
• Identify process gaps and implement improvements (process/tools) in the Automation & Monitoring space.
• Identify opportunity to automate manual deployment process, repetitive tasks and streamline release pipeline.
• Analyze and resolve application deployment issues and complex infrastructure resource issues.
• Participate in deployment and configuration of the application systems as necessary.
• Provide technical support for release management by ensuring successful delivery of releases, ensuring all build and releases check points are being validated.
• Ensures promotion of development releases from non-production to production environments, ideally for windows and Linux-based systems.
• Ensure build quality by integrating with automated tests and code analysis.
• Ensure build and deployment processes are following best practices, standards and controls of processes.
• Develop documentation and train product teams on deployment process and use of CI/CD tools.
• Maintaining documentation and scripts describing system requirements for all build systems
• Uphold and improve best practice processes, standards and controls.
• Work with architect and tech lead to streamline application build process
• Understands modern deployment strategies
• Experience with slow network connections and strategies around them
• Minimum 3 years CI/CD experience integrating code check in with builds with deployments.
• Minimum 3 years of PowerShell
• Minimum 3 Windows Operations experience
• Experience with load balancing experience (i.e. HAProxy and F5)
• Experience working in git
Nice to have
• Octopus and VSTS integration
• Bash and python
• Experience with ansible
• Linux operations experience
• Container deployment and management experience; Linux and/or windows
• Experience working with metrics and visualizations (Understands how to create them and read them) technologies like: graphite/Grafana/Prometheus/SCOM
• Understanding of basic software development methodologies