The Software Engineer designs software and firmware, develop, and conduct testing the next-generation Standardized Radar Distribution System (SRDS).
Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
• Supports the creation of government-owned operating firmware and software products.
• Creates a design that is processing hardware agnostic to help mitigate obsolescence.
• Integrates mission-critical and mission- essential display console system requirements.
• Supports Open Architecture (OA) principles to enable integration into a platform-level infrastructure.
• Incorporates Human System Integration (HIS) concepts required to optimize human performance.
• Uses a Modular Open-Systems Approach (MOSA) to support efficient technology insertion and refresh.
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
• Ten (10) years of software development experience.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer/ Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related ABET- accredited scientific discipline.
• Experience with Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA).
• Experience with conducting performance tuning and debugging.
• Experience with the following:
• OS - Linux and Windows
• Languages – C / C++ / .NET / Mono
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong proficiency of advanced programming concepts such as:
• Object-oriented programming
• Design patterns
• Inter-process communication
• Modeling and Simulation
Minimal Travel Required
Must be a US Citizen and possess a current Secret clearance.
Ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret Security Clearance required