Technical Writer I ( Chandler, AZ ) 8616440
6 Month Contract
Pay Rate: $30-35/hr W2
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Edit and format technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style. May assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
Ability to utilize a broad range of software applications and conversion tools to access and integrate technical documentation. Software includes Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat. Demonstrates a good understanding of document structure, familiarity with large documents and presentations, templates, styles, table of contents, etc. Accuracy and consistency of work is important. Team work is required as well as the ability to work independently.
• Perform word processing and editing of documents to ensure all are prepared in accordance with contract requirements, department standards and guidelines. This effort may be required for classified and unclassified documents.
• Provide to or perform Word Processing Work with Data Managers/Tech Writers and various engineering disciplines to ensure on-time delivery of data.
• Candidate must have a minimum of two years of technical copy editing experience.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Excellent experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Will be required to obtain a secret clearance.
• High School or GED plus 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.